Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Great books....worth taking the time to read them! by Carrie Fleetwood

 I hope everyone enjoyed a good rest over the holidays. Okay, maybe not before Christmas, but after!? I've taken some time to read a couple of great books and just wanted to pass on the highlights. C.S.Lewis' 'Surprised By Joy', essentially his autobiography, reminded me how ...from great pain and adversity in childhood came one of the top intellects, writers and apologists of the Christian faith of the 20th century. A brilliant man, a fascinating read. 

Then a delightful book called 'A Woman and Her Relationships' by Canadian, Rosemary Flaaten: Rosemary gives a window into her own life as she shares honestly and humbly some of her own learning experiences as well as those of other women around her. Her main point is that by allowing God to fill your soul, you will see the difference in your personal relationships.  I've found in my own life and in other women's lives that I have worked with that relationships between women can be a delicate balancing act at worst, but can bring deep joy and lasting friendship when carefully nurtured with love, acceptance and forgiveness.  If you haven't read them, I recommend both of these books as a great read!   

No comments:

Post a Comment